[Telepathy] AccountManager API?

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Mon Nov 24 09:31:11 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:37 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 at 11:36:24 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > There is apparently an AccountManager D-Bus interface that has
> > information about all telepathy accounts.
> > http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager
>
> AccountManager and the currently-in-draft ChannelDispatcher are
> implemented by beta versions of Mission Control 5. They are not yet
> considered sufficiently stable for telepathy-glib to generate code (we'd
> have to break ABI all the time).

Do you know roughly when Mission Control 5 will be released? What
version numbers are these "beta versions of MC 5"? Is 4.67 a beta
version of 5 or a late stable version of 4?
I see these releases:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=190214&package_id=224579

Do you know roughly when telepathy-glib might provide API for this.

> Mission Control 4 (the version currently recommended for use) provides
> roughly analogous functionality, but most of it is via a C API rather
> than D-Bus.

I assume that that MC4 API is not worth documenting now.

murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com