[Telepathy] AccountManager API?

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 25 01:21:32 PST 2008

ext Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:37 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
>> AccountManager and the currently-in-draft ChannelDispatcher are
>> implemented by beta versions of Mission Control 5. They are not yet
>> considered sufficiently stable for telepathy-glib to generate code (we'd
>> have to break ABI all the time).
>
> Do you know roughly when Mission Control 5 will be released? What
> version numbers are these "beta versions of MC 5"?

I don't have a roadmap, but I was planning to release it once the API was stable
enough that there wouldn't be the need of ABI breaks after the release.
I could make a release just now, as it is in fact already usable, but then I
wouldn't be able to twist the APIs anymore. ;-)

> Is 4.67 a beta
> version of 5 or a late stable version of 4?

It's a stable version of MC4.

> I see these releases:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=190214&package_id=224579
>
> Do you know roughly when telepathy-glib might provide API for this.

Never, I guess. The APIs in libmissioncontrol-client should be enough.

>> Mission Control 4 (the version currently recommended for use) provides
>> roughly analogous functionality, but most of it is via a C API rather
>> than D-Bus.
>
> I assume that that MC4 API is not worth documenting now.

No, don't waste time on that. :-)

Ciao,
   Alberto

--