[Telepathy] telepathy-glib: TpConnectionManager::protocols is awkward

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Mon Oct 13 08:10:40 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 13:48 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > 3. Introspection seems to happen soon after activation (for instance,
> > when we call tp_connection_manager_activate()
> > http://library.gnome.org/devel/telepathy-glib/unstable/telepathy-glib-connection-manager.html#tp-connection-manager-activate
> > But the documentation suggests that that function will have no effect if
> > the connection manager is already activated. So how can I do
> > introspection in that case?
>
> It's done automatically; between the point when introspection finishes
> and the point when the CM process exits, the introspected data is
> guaranteed to be up to date (it can't change during runtime). So, you
> don't need to re-trigger introspection if it has already happens.
[snip]

Thanks. So:

a)
It's impossible for introspection to finish in the middle of my code,
such as this?
if(!introspected)
{
  connect to the signal
  activate() to get the introspection
}

and
b)
when this documentation says the the function will have no effect if the
connection manager is already activated, it means that introspection has
finished by the time it can be considered "activated"?

murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com