[Telepathy] TURN parameters

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 21:16:46 PDT 2008

Hello,

As Youness has mostly completed functional turn support in libnice, we
need to pass the required parameters from the CM to the UI...

For each component, and most RTP stream have two components (RTP and
RTCP), we need to pass four values (ip/port/username/password). And we
also need (per stream) to know if its using short term or long term
credentials.

After some discussion with Rob, he says we should add D-Bus properties
to the StreamHandler interface. The question is which properties
exactly?
Do we have 9 properties (turn-creds-long-term, rtp-turn-ip,
rtp-turn-port, rtp-turn-username, rtp-turn-password, rtcp-turn-ip,
rtcp-turn-port...)

Or just two properties (rtp-turn/rtcp-turn) with structures?
Or just one property (turn-info) with an array of structures?

Also, some protocols (like Google's stuff or MSN's SIP) provide the turn
ip/port/username/password in their signalling, but simple SIP doesn't.
It has to come from the profile (and is therefore long term
credentials), so I propose these additions:
http://monkey.collabora.co.uk/telepathy-spec.git_turn/

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk