[Telepathy] telepathy-qt4 cmake branch ready for review

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 06:54:08 PDT 2009

So Siraj and I have been working on adding cmake to much of the Telepathy
stack, mostly to get things ported to Windows. You can see the current status
of that on the wiki:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows

The advantages of CMake over Automake is primarily its Windows support. It
also makes builddir != srcdir rather easy.

The TelepathyQt4 CMake build system is now complete and ready to replace
Automake.
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/imonroe/telepathy-qt4-cmake.git;a=summary

One issue is that for some reason I receive odd compile problems if I do make
-j3. Its a moc issue that I've gotten with another unrelated projects so I'm
hoping its just me.

Short summary on usage:
In the source directory, mkdir build; cd build; cmake ..
This configures the build. Then run make to build, make install to install.

After you build it, you can run make test to run all the tests. Use ctest -V
to see what the errors are. ctest -V -R nameOfTest to run only the specified
test.

make distcheck runs a python script that I wrote that hopefully performs all
the tasks that automake's distcheck performed, including building, generating
docs and running tests. It uses git clone to ensure that the tarball is clean
of local edits.

Thanks,
Ian