[Telepathy] Building TelepathyQt4 in windows

Matti Reijonen matti.reijonen at adminotech.com
Fri Aug 28 03:59:34 PDT 2009

Hi, Siraj,

Those instructions in http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows section Building TelepathyQt4, I did look at them briefly, but I did not
get QtDbus from emerge, but I don't think that part matters, I have working QtDbus anyway,

I'm not cmake expert (Maybe I should ask Mattiku when he's around) I' just didn't understand the instructions for

mkdir build; cd build
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<desired install location> ..

for making directory build and running cmake in an empty directory, that part got me confused,
you have to be more clear with dummies like me :)

anyway when I tried running that cmake command in folder that contains the cmakelists.txt
I got bunch of errors saying:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeRCInformation.cmake:6 (GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/Platform/Windows-cl.cmake:32 (ENABLE_LANGUAGE)
  C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeRCInformation.cmake:9 (INCLUDE)
  C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/Platform/Windows-cl.cmake:32 (ENABLE_LANGUAGE)
  C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeRCInformation.cmake:9 (INCLUDE)

After that I just tried the normal way I run cmake:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008"

got the project files and went along and got it working eventually,
can you still explain how I should run that cmake -G "NMake Makefiles".. command
Also I don't know about those nmake and jom options on cmake..

And does that fix the issue with having file named debug, because as default msvc is trying to
create debug folder when building debug versions of binaries and that creates a conflict,
because windows does not allow folder and file to have same name in same directory?

Matti Reijonen
Software developer

ADMINO technologies
www.adminotech.com