[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-qt4 0.2.1
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 09:16:34 PST 2009
The "all you want, only better" release. This is a bugfix release for 0.2.0,
mainly to fix compilation against Qt 4.6.
telepathy-qt4 is a Qt 4 C++ binding for the Telepathy real-time communication
framework, which can be used to implement user interfaces, loggers and
other Telepathy components.
* fd.o #25058: reduce the scope of our workaround for Qt 4.5 bug
<http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/1657>, fixing compilation
against Qt versions >= 4.6 beta, where this bug has been fixed (smcv)
* Avoid the installed AccountManager (if any) being service-activated during
distcheck under some circumstances (smcv)
* Compile with symbols hidden by default, explicitly export a few
symbols that were mistakenly not exported, and improve the code generation
tools to be more correct about their exports (smcv)
* Improve the code-generation tools to cope with UTF-8 in the spec (wjt, smcv)
* Enable Automake 1.11 silent building (./configure --enable-silent-rules
to enable this) (wjt)
Code generation release notes:
* qt4-types-gen.py and qt4-client-gen.py previously forced the generated
classes to be exported, in a way that's not actually correct for code outside
telepathy-qt4 (the TELEPATHY_QT4_EXPORT macro).
They now use a macro set by --visibility, defaulting to nothing; if you're
building a shared library with -fvisibility=hidden, or supporting Windows,
you may need to use --visibility=YOUR_LIB_EXPORT when running these scripts.
See TelepathyQt4/global.h or QtDBus/qdbusmacros.h for an example of setting
up such a macro (unfortunately, the only correct way to do this seems to be
for each shared library to define its own).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 793 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20091204/cd04c296/attachment.pgp
More information about the telepathy