[Telepathy] (no subject)

Merrick Fonnesbeck MFonnesbeck at sorenson.com
Tue Jan 6 13:41:09 PST 2009

I'm writing an application on my Nokia N810 device that I want to
connect with another desktop application that uses SIP to communicate
and coordinate multimedia session information.  I have heard that
Telepathy is the way to go on these N810s with regard to streaming video
using GStreamer and coordinating session information using Sofia-SIP,
but I have found no code samples in C/C++ in order to help me understand
how Telepathy works or the steps necessary to connect to a SIP
connection manager and stream video from the camera out to a remote
destination.  I have seen the framework documentation - which does not
explain the steps you go through to use Telepathy with it's pieces - and
the projects out on Maemo.org that supposedly use Telepathy - but none
of the ones there have any code to look at.  Does anybody have any code
samples that they can refer me to or send me to help me understand and
start a journey programming and using Telepathy?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

M. Fonnesbeck