[Telepathy] msn support status

Nicolò Chieffo nicolo.chieffo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 12:32:23 PDT 2009

Hello I'm new to the list.
My name is Nicolò and I use Ubuntu. Since I follow the development
version, I saw from the blueprints ubuntu site that the next version
of ubuntu will have empathy integrated, replacing pidgin.
I'm a bit worried of this, because the msn support here in telepathy
is at an early stage, and lots of things that pidgin includes are not
supported by pymsn or telepathy-butterfly (don't know).
If you are interested on this I will give you a list of basic things
that are currently unsupported:
   * Rich text messages (underline, bold, font, ...)
   * Custom emoticons
   * Protocol emoticons
   * Chat with invisible users
   * Send and receive offline messages
   * See windows live messenger buddy icons (only new versions of 2009)
   * File transfers

I hope someone can comfort my worries.
Thanks