[Telepathy] msn support status

Nicolò Chieffo nicolo.chieffo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:19:12 PDT 2009

Thank you, anyway I will try to help you in fixing bugs, even if I'm
not so expert in this.

I have another questions:
where can I find the papyon source so I try to use it instead of pymsn
(which is quite an old version from last year) or is it just a simple
rename without any change?

These are the answers to your questions:
** I'd like to use pure telepathy to abandon pidgin, so
telepathy-butterfly is the way to go, and needs to be synchronized to
papyon features as possible

** with protocol emoticons I mean (for MSN)
http://www.sherv.net/MSN-Info/Custom-MSN-Emoticons/Custom-MSN-Emoticons_files/Custom_MSN_Emoticons_Menu.jpg

** about the buddy of windows live messenger: they are the normal
icons which are supported normally, but I think they changed the way
they are sent, so currently they are not shown (as the user does not
have set any icon). Pidgin resolved this problem some time ago using
this patch: http://developer.pidgin.im/attachment/ticket/7180/fix-icons.diff
which should be ported to papyon

Thanks!