[Telepathy] Pidgin-Empathy Conversion Script?

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 02:10:55 PDT 2009

Le mardi 09 juin 2009 à 13:26 -0600, Richard Plana a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> Fedora is moving to Empathy as default in F12 so I thought now would
> be a good time to ask: Is there a conversion script to convert account
> information and, more importantly, chat logs to the format that
> Empathy uses? Better yet, does Empathy have the capability to import
> account info and logs?

You can import pidgin accounts from the account setting dialog. We
recently refactored the log system in Empathy to be able to implement
different backends. Writing a pidgin backend should be possible now. I
don't think someone is working on that atm, but at least it's possible
and not too hard to do. Help is welcome of course!

Xavier Claessens.