[Telepathy] Contact selector in Python

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 02:03:10 PDT 2009

Le samedi 20 juin 2009 à 15:54 +0100, Alban Crequy a écrit :
>  Should someone do a proper Python module, and reuse
> it? Or is there a big picture I missed?

I see some options here:

A) Integrate it in telepathy-python. Probably not because it doesn't
depend on GTK+ and that's probably a sane choice.

B) Make Empathy's contact chooser bindable and use it from Python. Good
from a good reuse pov but depend on libempathy(-gtk) sucks.

C) Give born to telepathy-gtk and bind it in Python. Probably the best
choice but no one is working on it atm (and that probably means we'll
need Python bindings of telepathy-glib as well).

D) Create yet another library. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

	G.