[Telepathy] Telepathy for Voice & Video

Pavel Rojtberg lists at rojtberg.net
Tue Mar 3 06:32:44 PST 2009

Hi,

I am currently trying to transmit a Video Call from a Nokia IT to a
Ubuntu Desktop using Telepathy.

The Nokia IT runs Maemo 4.1 which provides:
* Telepathy 0.3.1
* Farsight  0.1.25

The Ubuntu Desktop has
* Telepathy 0.3.3
* Farsight  0.1.28

For testing purpose I tried to make a call using Emathy and the Nokia
client, but I only managed to get the following connections:

* Maemo to Maemo: voice & video works
* Maemo to Ubuntu: voice works, enabling video crash the app
* Ubuntu to Maemo: voice works, enabling video crashes
telepathy-stream-engine on Ubuntu
* Ubuntu to Ubuntu: voice works, enabling video crashes
telepathy-stream-engine

now I am wondering if Telepathy is capable of doing video calls already
or whether Telepathy on Maemo is somehow patched, so it only works Maemo
to Maemo.

Greets,

Pavel