[Telepathy] Toying with telepathy-sharp

Neil Loknath neil.loknath at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:26:28 PST 2009

Hey guys,

So, I've been playing with the third-party telepathy-sharp-ng project to
generate C# bindings from the Telepathy spec.  I ended up hacking it up
quite a bit to get something that compiles.  You can have a look here if you
like:

git://github.com/sausagefeet/telepathy-sharp-ng.git

The *master* branch is the original code.  The *getdirty* branch is my
hack.  My hack doesn't get it into a state that will compile, but it's
close.  Feel free to try it out.

I have another repository here.  There are 2 branches: *master* and *tryme*:
git://github.com/sausagefeet/telepathy-sharp.git

The *master* branch is the code from here:
svn co
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tapioca-voip/trunk/telepathy-sharp

The *tryme* branch is the result of tweaking the results from my
telepathy-sharp-ng hack.  Also, I deleted all interfaces tagged as FUTURE.

It will compile into a dll.  And, the Test.cs code in the test directory
compiles also.  However, the test is not working.  The call to
RequestConnection seems work, however the 'out' parameters don't get
initialized to anything.  I know the method is at least doing something
because if I try to run the test twice, the second test will result in an
exception saying the connection already exists.  I am able to redo the test
by logging into my jabber account with Empathy and then logging off.

Just thought I would share this with the community to see if anyone had any
ideas or wanted to play with C#.

Thanks,
Neil