[Telepathy] Loudmouth register fails

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 03:10:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 08:58:22AM +0100, Matti Reijonen wrote:
> Loudmouth register fails
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out telepathy and gabble on windows,
> First tried gabble, but moved on testing loudmouth, because it's probably the
> root of problems.  I have build loudmouth without libasyncns to make it work
> in windows and currently I'm testing lm-register example. I am able post
> stream headers and receive server stream header. After that the server posts
> features, and client sends register where server responces with 400 bad
> request..

The lm-register example in loudmouth is broken, if you want to register you
first need to query what fields the server needs.. The positive thing is that
the Loudmouth library itself seems to work fine, you're happily sending and
receiving stanzas :)

> I have tried to run the example with and without gnutls.  below is the whole
> debug log, when I get loudmouth first working I get back to testing telepathy
> framework in windows.  My version of loudmouth is 1.2.4 that I have ported to
> windows..

If the gnutls variation correctly upgrade your connection to TLS and afterwards
has the same error as plain LM, then your Loudmouth seems to work perfectly :)

Did LM need a lot of porting work ? Afaik, it was already ported to win32

  Sjoerd

> [...]
> <stream:features>
>                              <starttls xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/>
>
>                              <mechanisms xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>
>                                                           <mechanism>DIGEST-MD5</mechanism>
>                                                           <mechanism>PLAIN</mechanism>
>                              </mechanisms>
>                              <register xmlns='http://jabber.org/features/iq-register'/>
>
> </stream:features>'
> -----------------------------------
> *** Read: 437 chars
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = jabber:client
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns:stream = http://etherx.jabber.org/streams
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: id = 269317488
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: from = jabber.se
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: version = 1.0
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xml:lang = en
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: stream:stream
>
> LM-PARSER: Have a new message
> *** New message with type="stream:stream" from: jabber.se
>
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: starttls
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: mechanism
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: mechanism
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: mechanisms
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = http://jabber.org/features/iq-register
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: register
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: stream:features
> LM-PARSER: Have a new message
> *** New message with type="stream:error" from: unknown
> *** XMPP 1.0 stream received: 269317488
> *** lm_connection_send
>
> SEND:
> -----------------------------------
> atti at jabber.se</username>
>  <password>password</password>
> </query>
> </iq>
>
> -----------------------------------
> *** g_io_channel_write_chars
> *** 150*** bytes_written
>
> RECV [264]:
> -----------------------------------
> '<iq from='jabber.se' id='401411405138' type='error'><query xmlns='jabber:iq:reg
> ister'> <username>matti at jabber.se</username>
>  <password>password</password>
> </query><error code='400' type='modify'><bad-request xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:
> ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error></iq>'
> -----------------------------------
> *** Read: 264 chars
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: from = jabber.se
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: id = 401411405138
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: type = error
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = jabber:iq:register
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: username
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: password
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: query
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: code = 400
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: type = modify
> LM-PARSER: ATTRIBUTE: xmlns = urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: bad-request
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: error
> LM-PARSER: Trying to close node: iq
> LM-PARSER: Have a new message
> *** New message with type="iq" from: jabber.se

Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."