[Telepathy] tq-qt4 refcount proposal

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:09:19 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Andre Moreira Magalhaes
<andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Simon McVittie wrote:
>>
>> I'm even starting to think we should flatten the Telepathy::Client namespace
>> into the Telepathy namespace (massive API breakage, but easily fixed with sed),
>> mirroring the structure of telepathy-glib - in telepathy-glib, TpConnection is
>> a high-level connection client object, tp_cli_connection_* are auto-generated
>> client stuff, tp_svc_connection_* are auto-generated service stuff and
>> TpBaseConnection is the service base class.
>>

> We should probably start another thread on this, if we need to vote :D.
> I was thinking that maybe we could change the namespace to just Tp (not
> even Telepathy - too verbose as well) or just remove namespaces and
> prepend Tp in the class names.

Perhaps. I initially chose the current namespacing because supposedly
you shouldn't abbreviate important public names in Qt code. If it
weren't for the signal connections, this wouldn't be much of an issue,
but as this is not the case, I'm +1 on somehow making the namespacing
less verbose. The Tp prefix is a bit of a bad idea though - instant
headon namespace collision with tp-glib! Tp::Connection would be
borderline fine though, and Telepathy::Connection, by all means.

> BR
> Andrunko

Br,
Olli Salli