[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.27 released!

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Thu May 7 08:14:35 PDT 2009

Version 0.7.27 — “I'm in a skip!” — of telepathy-gabble has been
released, and is available from:

tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.27.tar.gz
signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.27.tar.gz.asc
git: git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
gitweb: http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git

Dependencies:

* We now explicitly depend on gthread-2.0 >= 2.16 as we need to
  initialize threads for libsoup's benefit (fd.o #20937)

Enhancements:

* Support file transfer resume.
* Use ContactCapabilities draft to communicate file transfer support.
* Implement latest draft of new API for tubes. The
  {Offer,Accept}{DBus,Stream}Tube methods and the
  StreamTubeNewConnection signal have been renamed.
* The build system now uses Shave to produce kernel-style easy-to-read
  output from make. (You need to explicitly enable this with
  ./configure --enable-shave.)
* It is now possible to request StreamedMedia channels with audio and/or
  video from the start, using the InitialAudio and InitialVideo
  properties, and to see from a channel's immutable properties (as also
  seen in NewChannels) whether it (initially) contained audio and/or
  video. (References fd.o#20830.)

Fixes:

* Include private D-Bus tube and all MUC tube channels in Requests's
  Channels property.
* StreamedMedia channels' group flags are now more spec-compliant.
  (Fixes fd.o#20578.)
* When a contact doesn't have an alias, their full JID is used as the
  fallback, rather than the local part. (Fixes fd.o#21295.)
* When setting an avatar fails, an appropriate error is now emitted.
  (Fixes fd.o#20442 (not #20422 as the git history claims).)
* The lifecycles of several Jingle-related objects have been cleared up,
  fixing a number of Jingle crashes.

Will