[Telepathy] Compile error while building TelepathyQt4 on Windows

Marco Todesco dermarcot84 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:28:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm currently using a very old version (0.1.x) on Windows without any
problems. But I'd like to use some features from the latest version (0.3.7)
and have some problems compiling it with Visual Studio 10. I'm using the
cmake branch from
git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/andrunko/telepathy-qt4.gitand get the
following compile error:

1>..\..\TelepathyQt4\outgoing-file-transfer-channel.cpp(204): error C2440:
'default argument' : cannot convert from 'T *' to 'Tp::SocketAddressIPv4 *'
1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

reffering to this code:

203: PendingVariant *pv = qobject_cast<PendingVariant *>(op);
204: mPriv->addr = qdbus_cast<SocketAddressIPv4>(pv->result());
205: debug().nospace() << "Got address " << mPriv->addr.address <<
206:      ":" << mPriv->addr.port;

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced in development with Visual Studio nor
Windows programming in general. Does somebody know how to fix this error or
work around? This code compiles fine using gcc on Linux both the cmake
branch and the original autotools based version.

Thanks
Marco