[Telepathy] Issue with 'tp_value_array_pack' API in telepathy-glib ver 0.9.0

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 23:27:40 PDT 2010

Pavel,

Yeah, we've already started preparing the book for telepathy-glib 0.12
(strongly consider upgrading -- it's worth it for all the new things you
get).

You can do the same by manually unpacking the GValueArray. It's going to
look something like this:
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-doc.git;a=blob;f=docs/examples/glib_jabber_muc/example.c;h=4c618042977d5736d9cc4e99aafe17077b25472f;hb=61668638d6c0e1c6a4e0beec80b5f037bb21d3ce

--danni

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 13:48 -0700, Pavel Johnson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Fedora 12 and have telepathy-glib ver 0.9.0 installed on
> it.  I believe it is the most updated version for Fedora 12.  When
> trying to compile the multi-user chat example from
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/appendix.source-code.glib_jabber_muc.example.c.html there is an undefined reference error to 'tp_value_array_pack'.  It seems like the support for this function has been available only in telepathy-glib 0.11.0 and later.  Any work-around?  Is there an alternate function call that can be used or is there a version of  telepathy-glib for Fedora 12 that supports the API?
>
> Thanks much!
> ~Pavel

Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk