[Telepathy] vi + collaborative editing + tubes

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Aug 15 12:17:28 PDT 2010

Repository's at http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/dobject/

> Is there a mailing list? Further documentation / examples?

I guess this mailing list is a fine place to discuss it for now.  The work
was originally done for Sugar Labs GSoC, so most of the original messages
were on sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org.

The API documentation is pretty extensive, but admittedly might not be
enough to get going from scratch.

The groupthink examples I know of so far are all Sugar activities:

http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/dobject/tree/demo_activities/SharedTextDemo.activity
 (simple demo to emphasize the simplicity of the API)
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/pippy/repos/mainline/trees/master (live
N-way python editor)
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/arithmetic (real-time arithmetic
competition)

Groupthink should work with any Telepathy setup; I just haven't made much
of an effort to market it outside of Sugar Labs.

I hope you find it useful, and I'll be happy to answer any questions (and
fix bugs/accept patches if you find/make them).

--Ben Schwartz