[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Empathy 2.31.90
guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 03:24:27 PDT 2010
Empathy 2.31.90 is now available for download from:
What is it?
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols. Empathy uses Telepathy for protocol support and has an user interface based on Gossip. Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME, making it easier for other GNOME applications to integrate collaboration functionality using Telepathy.
You can visit the project web site:
The "Dissociative identity disorder" release.
• telepathy-glib ≥ 0.11.13
• telepathy-logger ≥ 0.1.5
• folks ≥ 0.1.13
Thanks to the hard work of Philip Withnall and Travis Treitter, Empathy
finally gained meta-contacts support! There is still lots of work to do but
most the pieces are now in place. You can use the linking dialogue to
merge similar contacts together.
This is still in very early stage so some regressions have to be expected. If you
experience any please check for existing bug reports before reporting.
Most of the them should be filed using the 'Meta Contacts' component .
But meta-contacts support is the not the only new feature in this release!
Empathy should now report more useful error messages when failing to connect.
The preferences window gained an option to disable logging of chats
and the 'Details' pane of the call UI now displays information about the
candidates used to stream the audio/video data.
- Fixed #523895, Use ConnectionError for better error reporting (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #567858, Logging should be optional (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #621090, Live search does not show offline contacts (Felix Kaser)
- Fixed #621642, live search should display "no match found" if thats the case (Felix Kaser)
- Fixed #621643, the treeview should have the default focus (Felix Kaser)
- Fixed #622714, 'previous conversations' on a contact brings up generic dialog (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #623139, Should use TpSimpleHandler to handle FT channels (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #623934, follow LC_TIME preferred time format when printing time and date (Nicolò Chieffo)
- Fixed #624062, GPS data precision (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #624344, details pane: display FsCandidate info (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #625641, Crash in g_value_array_free, valuearray_simple_free at dbus-gvalue-utils.c line 790 (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #625675, freenode should be the default irc network when creating an irc account (Bilal Akhtar)
- Fixed #625828, No custom presence message in tooltip (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #625950, Remove "Ubuntu servers" from irc channel list (Brian Curtis)
- Fixed #626009, [PATCH] Allow selection of persona to chat to (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626041, Fix an assertion failure in the filtering code due to show-offline changes (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626114, gcc warning fixes (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626130, Add linking UI for Individuals (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626162, No audio/video icon in the contact list (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626552, Sporadic tree model warnings upon initial fill in Empathy (Philip Withnall)
- Fixed #626600, Make use of TpAccountChannelRequest (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626602, Add support for new errors (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626620, Log In button is not enabled after all details are entered while creating IRC account (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626630, Use TpAccountChannelRequest to request text channels (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626636, Should use TpCapabilities to get RCC (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626992, Back and Forward buttons in Previous conservations window are reversed (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #626994, Rename Back and Forward buttons,in Previous Conservations > Search Tab, to Previous and Next (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Fixed #627165, Use tp-glib's user action API (Guillaume Desmottes)
- Updated es Translation (Jorge González)
- Updated gl Translation (Fran Diéguez)
- Updated he Translation (Yaron Shahrabani)
- Updated nb Translation (Kjartan Maraas)
- Updated pa Translation (A S Alam)
- Updated ru Translation (Leonid Kanter)
- Updated sl Translation (Matej Urbančič)
- Updated sv Translation (Daniel Nylander)
- Updated zh_CN Translation (Funda Wang)
More information about the telepathy