[Telepathy] Issue on VoIP establishment on Using empathy/telepathy

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Mon Aug 30 03:20:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using it too, and I know your pain (I use it for other reasons than just an email client).
You can force messages to plain text, which is good for other reasons, like not seeing pointlessly fluffy formatting by default...

> I have found a bug description:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/599263
>
> But the 6.1.3 doesn't fix my issue.
>
> I will try also your solution.
>
> But I can't turn off the STUN server discovering just remove the
> automatic discovery but need to add an address.

You can leave the STUN server name empty, it works to disable STUN.
Also, try to fix your SIP transport selection to TCP (if supported) or UDP.

Still, a packet dump would help understand the problem without guessing.

Best regards,
  Mikhail