[Telepathy] Implementing VOIP

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 04:43:05 PDT 2010

Le lundi 30 août 2010 à 17:05 +0530, ved kpl a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody please give me some pointers to implement a minimalistic
> VoIP client using telepathy-glib in C?
> I tried to google, but no luck.
>
> I just want to implement a small cmd line test-app that can make an
> audio call. (using gabble cm) with the arguments being the
> initiator id & target id.

If you want to be able to handle incoming calls, you should probably use
TpSimpleHandler.

See
http://git.Collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-glib.git;a=blob;f=examples/client/text-handler.c;h=a35433b8c472a40aa030f6b6ec9589f9872185e2;hb=HEAD

for a small example using it to implement a text handler.

To start an outgoing call you should use TpAccountChannelRequest
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-account-channel-request.html

If you want to let Empathy handle the outgoing call that's pretty easy
has you just have to use
tp_account_channel_request_create_channel_async()

If you want to handle it yourself, you'll have to use
tp_account_channel_request_create_and_handle_channel_async() and then
play with telepathy-farsight and GStreamer to handle the call.

	G.