[Telepathy] Received SMSs not announced in Empathy UI?

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 00:10:40 PST 2010

Le jeudi 16 décembre 2010 à 23:50 +0000, Neil Jerram a écrit :
> Hi there...

Hi Neil,

> I'm currently experimenting with ofono + telepathy-ring + empathy on my
> Freerunner phone.

Oh that sounds cool. :)

>  I believe everything is starting up correctly, and
> ofono detecting the modem, but when I send in an SMS, I don't get any
> notification about it in the Empathy UI.
>
> If I then look at empathy's debug log, or at the "Previous
> Conversations" dialog, I can see the text of the SMS that I sent.  So
> it's definitely getting through, just not being reported.

Hum having empathy and mission-control logs would help to understand
this issue. As a guess, maybe the text channel is not approved (because
you don't have a status area and/or the contact doesn't appear in your
contact list).

Does turning off the "Display incoming events in the notification area"
in the preferences help?

Is the contact sending you the SMS in your contact list?

I never used empathy with tp-ring, so I'm not aware of any side effect.
I guess Will should be able to tell us more.

Regards,

	G.