[Telepathy] How to do PubSub implementation with Telepathy/Python?

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Sat Feb 27 14:18:42 PST 2010

Telepathy/Gabble do not export PubSub directly, but Gabble does use
PubSub to allow it to implement XEP-0080.

Telepathy itself has no interest in providing a generic PubSub
implementation, instead preferring to export higher level concepts (e.g.
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.Location).

Depending on what you're implementing using PubSub, this may be
something that is of interested to be abstracted in Telepathy.

Otherwise: Telepathy-Gabble now has a plugin infrastructure to allow the
implementation of non-standard, Gabble-only extensions, but I don't
believe there is any documentation on this yet.

--danni

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 16:17 -0800, Paddy Carman wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I'm trying to implement a simple Pubsub application with
> Telepathy/Python (based on XEP-0060). I have done quite a bit of
> googling on this, but I'm not able to find an answer.  I did look at
> the OLPC code, but seems to me that it is not the XEP-0060
> implementation. Am I right? I'd appreciate if someone can help me out
> here.
>
> * Does Telepathy provide interfaces to do PubSub (similar to SimplePresence)?
> * If so, how do I do it and is there example code somewhere?
>

> Thanks,
> Anand

Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk