No subject

Tue Jan 12 19:19:57 PST 2010

either handle id's or handle names.  The latter implies that an
implicit call to RequestHandles is expected or else why not just use a
handle id?  RTComm on Maemo 5 seems to expect the handle to have been
implicitly created when calling CreateChannel when observed through
dbus-monitor.

This is then contrasted with python-telepathy's Requests mixin which
does a lookup through only existing handle's, looking for a name/type
match to find the right handle id.

It would probably help if I updated my machine and also validated with
a newer version of Empathy.  Unfortunately I have a lot of users who
expect Maemo 4.1 support and my system is running similarly versioned
components.

I'm curious who is right, handles being implicitly created through the
Requests interface or not?

Also, where in the spec is it documented what parameters are
required/optional for what channels when calling
CreateChannels/EnsureChannels?

As for some unrelated items:
* Is this list appropriate for python-telepathy specific questions and
feedback? RTComm?

Thanks
Ed Page
http://theonering.garage.maemo.org/