[Telepathy] Will Empathy/Telepathy support those?

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Fri Jan 22 10:15:12 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:02:50AM +0000, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Le vendredi 22 janvier 2010 à 09:18 +0100, Butrus Damaskus a écrit :
> > Hi!
>
> Hi Butrus,
>

> > Is there a plan for Empathy/Telepathy to support:
> >
> >  - setting XMPP resource by the user (and showing it for a remote user)
>
> Setting your own resource is possible by using the "resource" property
> which is displayed in the "advanced section" of Empathy's XMPP
> configuration widget.
>
> AFAIK there is no plan to expose contacts' resource in Telepathy (and so
> Empathy). That's XMPP specific and most user don't use/understand it
> (for example Google Talk randomize the resource iirc).

Actually i'd like to expose them at some point. The fact that we don't means we
do hide some information (not just the resource string). How we export this in
UIs like empathy is ofcourse a different questions :)

  Sjoerd
--
The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood
of bean counters.