[Telepathy] API Draft for high level tubes in tp-qt4

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 00:00:26 PDT 2010

On Thursday 03 June 2010 07:59:36 Andre Moreira Magalhaes wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 07:55 +0300, Olli Salli wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Andre Moreira Magalhaes
> >
> > <andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Please split your changes in 2 branches one for Tube specific changes
> > > and the other one on top of you tube branch to implement StreamTube.
> > > This way we can merge one while the other is still being implemented if
> > > needed. Also DBusTube should be on top of the tube branch in case
> > > someone is implementing it.
> >
> > Won't this be excessively hard now? The Tube class isn't really that
> > useful on its own anyway and needs a proof-of-concept concrete
> > subclass (*StreamTubeChannel) for the merge anyway. And I don't think
> > we have the problem of the DBusTube work magically getting ahead of
> > the stream tube merge ;)
>
> If you think it's hard to do it, you can ignore it, it's not critical
> anyway.
> I don't know how DBusTube work is progressing (if any), so if you
> believe this is unnecessary ignore it and close the Tube/StreamTube bugs
> when merging the high-level-tubes branch.

As Olli said, it's not about it being hard (I already have commits for tube-
channel splitted), but (IMHO) about not being very useful: TubeChannel does
not really contain a lot of logic. Just tell me what I need to do, I'm fine
both ways :)

P.S.: However, to ease everyone's work, I'll wait for Olli's review on my
current branch before taking further actions, otherwise too many things risk
to collide.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer