[Telepathy] SIP Session without Account

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Thu Oct 28 01:20:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

... But if somebody does, I'd be happy to review a patch to telepathy-sofiasip.
The sofia-sip stack permits proxy-less operation. Some modifications are needed to support the p2p mode in telepathy-sofiasip. A good start is a parameter to make it omit the proxy parameter when constructing the NUA stack instance. The default IP socket binding is to INADDR_ANY on the default SIP port, so the stack should automatically become a usable UAS. It can resolve destinations for outbound requests too (one caveat here is that sofia-sip uses only DNS and ignores other host name lookup methods). There might be some issues with interpreting the request URI or the To URI as addressed to the local user; all incoming requests are currently handled as if addressed to our local user without checking.

Hope this helps,
  Mikhail