[Telepathy] Writting CM's in Vala.

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 08:44:59 PDT 2010

Hi Krzysztof,

The gobject-introspection of tp-glib is complete enough to write client
libraries and programs using it. And the Vala bindings are based
directly upon the gobject-introspection.

Beyond that, the introspected parts include some lower-level
functionality for the Folks test suite.

The tp_cli_* functions aren't bound at all (intentionally), but you can
wrap those in a small, internal C library if necessary (see the
tp-lowlevel library in Folks, where we do so).

As far as I know, no one has created a Vala-based CM, so you might need
to file a handful of bugs if you run into limitations. But I think it
should be possible.

Regards,
-Travis