[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:49:07 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Andre Moreira Magalhaes
<andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 18:17 +0100, Will Thompson wrote:
>> Concretely, telepathy-glib would be split into three shared libraries:
>>
>>   • telepathy-glib-proxy, which basically just contains TpProxy (and
>> would go away in a future where something equivalent is in GLib and
>> tp-glib moves to it).
>>
>>   • telepathy-glib-dbus-N (for integer N), the generated code for major
>> version N of the D-Bus API.
>>
>>   • telepathy-glib, which depends publicly on telepathy-glib-proxy and
>> internally also uses telepathy-glib-dbus-N.
> As an addition to this I would like to add here that currently tp-qt4 uses a copy of tp-glib test/example (outdated) cms to run the tests.
> Maybe we could introduce some sort of tp-glib-tests static lib that tp-qt4 tests could rely on. Something to keep in mind.
>
> BR,
> Andre

I don't think it's a particularly big problem for tp-qt4 to have its
own copy of the tests code. It could however be a significant burden
to maintain a big tp-glib test library in a relatively stable state so
other libraries could depend on it even as a static library external
dependency. I'd hate to have to constantly update the tp-qt4 testsuite
when the tp-glib test lib changes due to unrelated reasons.

--

Br,
Olli Salli