[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 07:58:17 PDT 2011

On 06/06/11 14:49, Olli Salli wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Andre Moreira Magalhaes
>> As an addition to this I would like to add here that currently tp-qt4 uses a copy of tp-glib test/example (outdated) cms to run the tests.
>> Maybe we could introduce some sort of tp-glib-tests static lib that tp-qt4 tests could rely on. Something to keep in mind.
>>
>> BR,
>> Andre
>>

> I don't think it's a particularly big problem for tp-qt4 to have its
> own copy of the tests code. It could however be a significant burden
> to maintain a big tp-glib test library in a relatively stable state so
> other libraries could depend on it even as a static library external
> dependency. I'd hate to have to constantly update the tp-qt4 testsuite
> when the tp-glib test lib changes due to unrelated reasons.

The proposal is to include tp-qt4 in the same big module as tp-glib et
al. So people who change the tp-glib test code in ways that break the
tp-qt4 test suite will light up the red flashing lights on the buildbot,
and the need to copy-paste that code around (or have some kind of static
library that exists outside the source tree in any way) goes away.

--
Will