[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 02:52:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 at 03:35:31 -0400, David Laban wrote:
> a) Your perfect-world directory structure for telepathy-core if we decide to
> go that way.

For each library, if users are meant to #include <foo/bar.h> then the library
should live in either /foo or /somewhere/foo in its tarball and git repo.
I'd personally put them at top level, to avoid having seemingly-redundant
paths like telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/account.c.

(Rationale: then you can -I${abs_top_srcdir} -I${abs_top_builddir} (possibly
with /somewhere appended) and use an installed or uninstalled copy, without
noticing any difference, via #include <foo/bar.h>.)

Beyond that, whatever. I'd personally go for something like this (imagining
Gabble and a Wocky submodule to be part of the One Big Module, for the sake
of argument):

    ${top_srcdir}
    \- configure.ac (top level)
    \- doc/