[Telepathy] NetworkManager support in mission control

Tirtha Chatterjee tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:00:28 PDT 2011

Hi devs,

I find that KDE-Telepathy does not currently check if the network has
been disconnected, and keeps showing the contacts as online. We can
even send them messages, without error notifications. This is because
telepathy does not check with NM. wjt told me on IRC that empathy does
implements this explicitly by checking with NetworkManager, and that
this code should ideally be moved to MissionControl, athough nobody is
currently working on it. I would like to work on this, since it fixes
an important issue in kde-telepathy. I would be honest and declare
that i have little experience of coding using glib and about telepathy
internals. But if someone is ready to guide me around, i'd be very
happy to work on this.

Thanking you

--
Tirtha Chatterjee