[Telepathy] python-telepathy with TLS

Paddy Carman paddy.carman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:54:07 PST 2011

Hi All,
    I'm able to successfully create Text channel with the example in
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/book/appendix.source-code.python_iface_messaging.example.py.html.
I modified my ejabberd config to use a certificate that I purchased for my
domain. I also added the "require-encryption" option and set it to "True"
for the RequestConnection call.  When I try to connect, all I get back is a
"Disconnected!" message. I further found out the "Reason" to be set to 2
(Network error).

I'm able to connect to the same server with Gajim (TLS enabled).  Can
someone let me know what modifications are needed to the python-telepathy
example in the above link to successfully create a TLS connection to the
server?

Thanks in advance,
PC