[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: folks 0.4.1

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:31:15 PDT 2011

libfolks 0.4.1 is now available for download from:

libfolks 0.4.1 — Contestable Majuscule
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

The 0.4.x series is API and ABI stable and corresponds to the Gnome 3.0
release. New feature development (and potentially API and ABI breaks)
will continue in the 0.5.x series. Only critical bug fixes will be
back-ported to 0.4.x.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:

What's new?

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 644968 - _update_phone_numbers() needs to create copies
  of each List<FieldDetails>
* Bug 644966 - _update_emails () needs to create copies of each
* Crasher when reconnecting a Telepathy account

libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.

For any questions, comments, feature proposals, etc., please refer to
the Telepathy mailing list or #telepathy on Freenode.
For bug reports, please file them with the GNOME Bugzilla module "folks"