[Telepathy] The telepathy-reviewers mailing list.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Mar 25 11:20:17 PDT 2011

2011/3/25 Olivier Crête <olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk>:
> On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 16:34 +0000, Will Thompson wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'd like to propose a few people for commit access as per the WIP
>> procedure at <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Committers> (which
>> is based on WebKit's). That page says that Telepathy reviewers are
>> defined to be the set of people on the telepathy-reviewers mailing list,
>> which is currently rather anaemic:
>> <http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/roster/telepathy-reviewers>.
>>
>> Are we okay with having a Grand Unified List of Reviewers for all
>> Telepathy components hosted on freedesktop.org, just as commit access is
>> all-or-nothing? Obviously people on the list should exercise their own
>> judgement as to whether they're able to give patches in particular areas
>> of different projects the thumbs-up.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to have random people review stuff for
> random modules.

Review doesn't need to imply acceptance. Would-be committers could
earn points by doing good reviews of submitted patches even if a
maintainer will have to review them before they are accepted.

This could also reduce the amount of work that maintainers invest in
reviews because patches would have been improved when the maintainer
gets to them.

Regards,

Tomeu