[Telepathy] RFC- Proposed E2E changes

WolfRage wolfrage8765 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:02:43 PDT 2011

This document shows the Proposed E2E solution. With this the general
steps for establishing a secured connection would be:
1: Check the Upgradeable property to ensure the channel can be upgraded.
(Assuming True; next step)
2: Set the property EncryptionInterface and call method Secure.
3: Watch the EncryptionState property; once verified set Encrypted
property to True. (Or depreciate this duplicate property.)
4: Set the property AuthenticationInterface and call method
Authenticate.
5: Watch the EncryptionState property; once verified set Verified
property to True (As the channel is now secured because it is both
Encrypted and Authenticated).
Please provide feedback, thank you.
--
- -