[Telepathy] Introducing Sharat

Chandni Verma chandniverma2112 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:13:28 PDT 2011

On 2 October 2011 16:12, Sharat Attupurath <sharat_dev at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I am Sharat. I am doing engineering in Computer Science. I am very much
> interested in involving in the open source community but haven't been able
> to find a way in.
>
> I use empathy (on ubuntu 11.04) and I always felt that the indication (the
> image in the tab bar) when the other person is typing is not easily
> noticeable. So I decided to try and change it to something like displaying
> 'user is typing...' as in other chat applications. I downloaded the source
> code and was overwhelmed going through it. I found the function updating the
> chat window tab but I couldn't understand as I am entirely new to GTK.
>
> How should I proceed with this? Is it necessary to have a  very good
> knowledge of GTK? I don't know how to start. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sharat

Hi Sharat

Thanks for showing interest in Empathy.
It shouldn't be very difficult to figure out if you are clear with your
basics. You can learn GTK/GLib as you go.

Just dive in. As your interest develops, you can find more bugs to fix
here- https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=empathy

Cheers!

Chandni Verma
www.chandniverma.blogspot.com