[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-mission-control 5.9.3

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 10:12:41 PDT 2011

The “HELLO / YES, THIS IS DOG” release. I am excited about this release:
it should make me much less timid about suspending my laptop.

tarball: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.9.3.tar.gz
signature: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.9.3.tar.gz.asc

Dependencies:

• MC now has optional dependencies on nm-glib and upower-glib.

Enhancements:

• Mission Control can now use either Network Manager or ConnMan (or
  neither; the choice is controlled by a configure flag) to monitor the
  network connection going up and down, and bring IM accounts on and
  offline accordingly (whether due to ConnectAutomatically being True,
  or RequestedConnection being non-offline). (fd.o#38978, wjt)

  This appears to interact fine with Empathy, which also monitors the
  network state (using fundamentally the same code); in future, we
  intend that MC should be the sole party responsible for monitoring
  network state.

• Mission Control now listens for notifications from upower that the
  machine is about to suspend, and tears down active connections. This
  should help avoid the user appearing to be online for a few minutes
  after they suspend their machine, until the server notices that
  they've gone. (fd.o#28370, wjt)

Fixes:

• The regression tests now work with D-Bus ≥ 1.5.6. (fd.o#41090, smcv)

• An obscure assertion failure in the client bus name monitoring code is
  fixed, we hope! (fd.o#39767, wjt)

• MC no longer crashes when recovering from a client crashing if that client
  was an Observer or Approver which had claimed the channel. (xclaesse)

Will

http://asobiseksutime.tumblr.com/post/11012800476/yes-this-is-dog