[Telepathy] Storing passwords in MC and regsitering new accounts.

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 16:27:07 PDT 2011

Turns out it's not just jabber registration where we have the issue of
needing to send a password on creating accounts.

The following other protocols also have mandatory password parameters:
 - MSN telepathy-butterfly
 - Gadu Gadu telepathy-sunshine
(I've not checked all of them)

Which means I /have/ to send some password in CreateAccount otherwise
I don't get a new account.
George Kiagiadis thinks maybe that telepahty-python doesn't support
the SASLChannel which is why this is the case. When I bodged butterfly
to make the password parameter not mandatory, the auth handler didn't
launch and connections failed.

We have our 0.2 release in a month, and I'd like to have working MSN,
and running a combination of KWallet + Auth Handler for some accounts
and some having their passwords being stored by MC will just be a
pain.

Our simplest option is to just prioritise MSN from haze, rather than butterfly.
How relevant is this page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Haze%20vs%20Butterfly ? Everyone
I've spoken to seems to hate butterfly but there's no official word.

Dave