[Telepathy] Storing passwords in MC and regsitering new accounts.

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 05:27:15 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 00:27 +0100, David Edmundson wrote:

> We have our 0.2 release in a month, and I'd like to have working MSN,
> and running a combination of KWallet + Auth Handler for some accounts
> and some having their passwords being stored by MC will just be a
> pain.

One option is you could write an account plugin for MC that uses KWallet
(like the plugin that makes MC use gnome-keyring). Potentially a pain in
the neck (this is partly why this approach is deprecated).

> Our simplest option is to just prioritise MSN from haze, rather than butterfly.
> How relevant is this page:
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Haze%20vs%20Butterfly ? Everyone
> I've spoken to seems to hate butterfly but there's no official word.

I think a significantly better solution would be to fix butterfly and
sunshine. I don't think this would take very long.

--danni

--
Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk