[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-gabble 0.13.7
will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 08:25:42 PDT 2011
The “toast the air” release.
• telepathy-glib 0.15.9 is now required.
• fd.o#32611: Gabble now implements the Room, Subject and RoomConfig
interfaces. It no longer implements old-style Telepathy.Properties on
text channels. Applications which used those will need to be updated
to use Subject and RoomConfig instead; they should be pleasantly
surprised at how much easier the new APIs are to use. (Jonny, Will)
• Plugins which implement channel managers may now expose capabilities
from them, using the GabbleCapsChannelManager interface; other,
less dramatic pieces of API for plugins have also been added. (Jonny)
• fd.o#41388: SASL authentication channels no longer claim that
X-TELEPATHY-PASSWORD authentication is supported on servers that don't
actually support authenticating with a password (such as the WLM
• Wocky no longer confuses the realm and the server (which are usually,
but not always, the same) when performing DIGEST-MD5 authentication.
• We now correctly submit the default configuration form to the MUC we
have just created, rather than to the user's own server. (Will)
More information about the telepathy