[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-glib 0.16.0 (a new stable branch!)
will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 07:19:46 PDT 2011
The “irrelevant details” release. This is the start of a new stable
branch (which will be spoken of by robot historians of the future in
hushed, reverent voices). We encourage those shipping Gnome 3.2 to track
this stable branch.
Fixes since 0.15.9:
• fd.o#41729: TpChannel now trusts the ChannelType property included in
the dictionary of immutable properties passed to its constructor.
Practically speaking, this resolves a race condition where channels
would sometimes fail to prepare (and hence, conversation windows would
fail to open). (Guillaume)
• fd.o#41714: TpAccount:normalized-name now refers to XMPP JIDs and ICQ
UINs, to give examples of what its value means.
Summary of particularly noteworthy changes since 0.14.x:
• telepathy-glib depends on GLib 2.28.0;
• Applications can now define their own features on TpProxy subclasses,
and can create their own proxy factory classes to automatically create
their own proxy subclasses.
• There's a bunch of new API to make it easier to work with channels,
particularly text channels and TpContacts affiliated with channels.
• There is now API on TpConnection for managing the user's contact list,
at long last! Note that this currently doesn't work with
telepathy-butterfly and telepathy-sunshine, since they do not
implement the new, dramatically simpler ContactList D-Bus API.
More information about the telepathy