[Telepathy] Building telepathy-gabble

Dawid Nowak dawid.nowak at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 14 07:32:01 PDT 2011

Thanks to Will for comments.

So on "standard" Ubuntu I had to do following steps to compile
telepathy-gabble from the sources in git repository:

cd ~/Workspace
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-glib
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble

sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-cli-dev
sudo apt-get install gtk-doc-tools
sudo apt-get install libdbus-1-dev libdbus1.0-cil-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev
libdbus-glib1.0-cil-dev
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev
sudo apt-get install libsoup2.4-dev
sudo apt-get install libnice-dev

cd ~/Workspace/telepathy-glib
./autogen.sh
cd ~/Workspace/telepathy-gabble
./autogen.sh
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/dawid/Workspace/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/

*This failed as WOCKY is not compiled *

cd ~/Workspace/telepathy-gabble/lib/ext/wocky
./autogen.sh
make
cd ~/Workspace/telepathy-gabble
./autogen.sh
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/dawid/Workspace/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/
make

*So after all this, I still can't use telepathy-gabble because of
versioning problem with libtelepathy-glib.so.0.*

ldd src/.libs/telepathy-gabble shows that it links against the library in
libtelepathy-glib.so.0 => /usr/lib/libtelepathy-glib.so.0
where it really should be something like this
*libtelepathy-glib.so.0 =>
~/Workspace/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib/src/.libs*

Any ideas on how solve this last hurdle would be welcomed.

Best regards
Dawid