[Telepathy] exposing dialog interfaces to empathy from the protocol end

Shannon Black shannon at netforge.co.za
Tue Oct 18 00:02:36 PDT 2011

Makes sense. In fact I may have a solution. The resulting dialog from
libpurple for the mxit protocol requires 3 fields. Captcha, Country
and something else string based. I was thinking of creating a mxit.ui
to accomodate the none captcha settings *prior* to the connection.
Upon connection it will ask for the authentication.

BUT, i also think for the sake of other protocols requiring different
options upon set up. An example would be perhaps prior to
authentification a proprietory protocol asks for EULA. Perhaps
exposing dialog details would be future proof. By Dialog details I
don't mean the actual UI but rather more in the lines of what
telepathy-haze already does. i.e when empathy asks to look at a
protocol, say facebook... it queries for TpConnection params. the
params have an array in param->dbus_signature[] which describes if its
a 's' (string field), [i,y',l, etc ] (integer fields), etc etc .. This
means that the protocol can dictate what fields can be displayed, just
not on the UI level.

What are your preferences?

Shannon Black