[Telepathy] Authentication problem with MD5-DIGEST method

Dawid Nowak dawid.nowak at ucd.ie
Tue Oct 18 03:08:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

In my setup I am trying to connect to "Openfire" server over jabber
protocol. The authentication is over an unencrypted channel and
DIGEST-MD5 method is used.

When I am running Empathy with default package ("telepathy-gabble/natty
uptodate 0.11.10-1ubuntu1") everything works fine.

When I switch to my development library based on current development
stream I am getting "not unauthorized" response from "Openfire".

I suppose the problem could be on either side:
1. telepathy generates the wrong response to the challenge from
"Openfire"
2. somehow comparison on "openfire" fails.

Any suggestions on how to debug this problem would be appreciated.

Best regards
Dawid