[Telepathy] Acknowledging Messages in an Observer

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 09:06:00 PST 2012

Le mercredi 08 février 2012 à 17:09 +0000, Simon McVittie a écrit :
> Not acknowledging messages unless you're a Handler has (at least) two
> functions; I think there may have been more that I've forgotten.

Actually the Shell does ack messages even when it's an Observer (but
only if user interacts with the chat bubble by expanding the toaster
notification (yes, that's its true name) or manually opened the chat
bubble).

If not Empathy would claim that some messages are unread while they
actually are. Empathy watches the PendingMessagesRemoved signal and so
won't ack an already acked message.

	G.