[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-idle 0.1.13
will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 11:31:10 PST 2012
Wow, what a lot of fixes!
• fd.o#23005: initial support for listing rooms. (Jonathon Jongsma)
It would be better to have support for one of the extensions which
lets you search rooms rather than getting the entire list from the
server. If someone wants to work on adding this to Idle and Empathy,
go for it!
• fd.o#24614: chat room channels now respawn if you Close() them. This
means that if empathy-chat (or your friendly neighbourhood chat UI)
crashes, it pops right back up with your channels in it, rather than
you getting kicked out of all your channels.
If your UI is using Close() to leave channels, you'll need to change
it to use RemoveMembers with the SelfHandle property from the Group
interface. empathy-chat has done this for literally years, and
tp_channel_leave_async() in telepathy-glib and
Tp::Channel::requestLeave in telepathy-qt4 do the right thing.
• fd.o#54016: fix for "make -j" safety (Dan Winship)
• fd.o#30741: sending well-formed but invalid UTF-8 no longer gets Idle
kicked off the bus.
• fd.o#56589: Idle now disconnects if it doesn't get a reply to its pings after
• fd.o#49163: don't wedge and stop sending messages in a situation we believe
was triggered by a short-lived GIO bug.
Please now file a million bugs about how listing rooms on Freenode takes about a month and then pegs Empathy at 100% CPU for another month,
More information about the telepathy