[Telepathy] Mission-Control tests fail without connman being online

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 7 06:06:05 PDT 2013

On 07/05/13 13:53, Reto Zingg wrote:
> I also patch other tp-* packages, to make the tests installable. Would
> you guys be open for patches to make that configurable (target) and
> optional?

I would be happy to review patches on Bugzilla for
--enable-installed-tests, particularly if they are compatible with what
Colin Walters is advocating for GNOME (analogous to CITA but with a
.desktop-style file per test instead of tests.xml).

I would prefer tests in a subdirectory of ${libdir} and/or ${datadir} by
default (the latter is only OK if everything is architecture-independent).

If you want the directory to be configurable, I'd prefer that to work
like Gabble's plugins:

    if test "x$pluginexeclibdir" = x; then
      pluginexeclibdir='${libdir}/telepathy/gabble-0/lib'
    fi
    AC_ARG_VAR([pluginexeclibdir])

which means you can "./configure ... pluginexeclibdir=/foo/bar" and that
will be enough. Strictly speaking, the variable name should include
"exec" if its contents will contain any native code (so perhaps
installedtestexecdir or something). It could default to
${pkglibdir}/tests, maybe?